About Slimming

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My recovery.

During my period of treatment as you can imagine, the last thing on my mind was to find a suitable slimming regime, my weight during this time remained fairly static. During the Chemo treatment, the second and third day seemed to be the worst time when I was suffering with sickness, I actually lived on toast and marmalade during these days, and I just couldn’t face a large meal.

I believe it took about 18 months for me to feel really well again. I found I had lots of energy, felt better in myself than I had done for years. By this time I was retired, living in a fantastic climate in Spain, swimming most days in my own pool. Wasn’t life great! The oncologist told me I was all clear, suddenly I felt I had my life back.

My weight on the other hand had increased by about 18 pounds or more!. I was aware that if I didn’t do something about it soon, my weight would really sky rocket! Now was the time to start seriously looking for a method of finding a suitable slimming club to join, the problem was, in our area of Spain the only clubs were for Spanish speakers, since my Spanish is limited this wasn’t an option.

More tomorrow…………..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home