About Slimming

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Week

I can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing. Today was my weekly visit to my local Weight Watchers meeting. It is great to see people come back week after week and to see their bodies shape altering.
I have to admit that of all the so called diets I have tried over the years, nothing comes close to the Core Plan in Weight Watchers. I can honestly say that it doesn't seem to me that I am on a diet. By making healthy eating choices I eat almost everything, except of course food that are high in fat or sugar.
As you are aware I have a website www.losingweighteasily.com I often read the content on the site since there are several topics covered.
Today I read the section Historical Appraoches to Weight Loss and healthy eating. In modern society, more of us have weight problems and become ill or even die from conditions related to being overweight than ever before!
Maybe it's just possible that we have something to learn from the way that people ate in the past throughout much of human history. People in most ancient societies and right through the Middle Ages and Renaissance did not follow the advice that most nutritionists would give today. They hardly ate any breakfast at all, though we are often told that breakfast is the most important meal'. In fact, they were likely to eat only one large meal a day or two at the most, in which case one would be larger than the other. And here's another thing that would make modern nutritionists shake their heads in despair quite a lot of the time, it seems, that one big meal was eaten rather late in the day often after the sun went down and the day's work was done!
This information facinated me, I intend writing another article about this subject, when it is completed I will add it to this blog.
For more information about our past approaches click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home